Imagine it’s mid-summer, you just came back from a pool dive, and as you dry your hair under the fan, your mom gets you this tub of ice cream and you grab it and chomp it down whilst watching your favorite cartoon and there you have a brain freeze as you laugh at yourself.
It’s a well-known fact that summers are brutally hot, yet they provide us with the best memories that one cherishes for the rest of their lives. The summer heat is no less than a killer, but our ways of combating the heat are in a pool of plenty. We bet that you must have your go-to stuff ready to combat the summer heat, but here are some mind-boggling facts about DIY desserts that will help you beat the summer heat:
1. Frozen Berry loaded chocolate pudding
- 1kg Pudding-crumble
- 6l vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups cherries in cane sugar syrup
- 2/3 cup cherry syrup
- And lots of chocolates to decorate
For the icing-
- 11/3 cups thickened cream
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- First things first, You grease and line the base and sides of your cake pan with baking paper.
- Spread your pudding crumble at the base of your pan and evenly. Once you have established the base thoroughly, add in your softened vanilla ice cream over the pudding crumble and freeze your pan for 2 hours or until firm.
- While your pudding and ice cream mix is freezing, you can finely chop your drained berries and fold them into your remaining ice cream. Add a fine amount of cherry syrup and cover and freeze them, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 hours until firm.
- Now put your cherry ice cream over your pudding and freeze it overnight.
- For the icing, you must mix the ingredients and using an electric mixer whisk until soft peaks are formed. Evenly spread the icing over the top and sides of the cake and freeze for 1 Hour.
- Finally, decorate and enjoy your hard work.
2. Summer Fruit Cones
- 2 medium nectarines
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 tbsp mashed strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon crystallized ginger
- ¼ ground cinnamon
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped cream
- 4 ice cream waffle cones
- Take a small bowl and add the nectarines, strawberries, and blueberries, and mix it.
- Take another bowl and add the mashed strawberries, crystallized ginger, and cinnamon. Then add the whipped cream and fold it in.
- Take your waffle cones and fill ¼ of them with the fresh fruits mixture, then add a layer of fruit topping mix, followed by another layer of fruits and then topping mix, repeating the layers. You can even go on to add your favorite ice cream flavor to it. In the end, you may add the whipped cream to it and serve immediately.
3. Watermelon bliss
- 1½ cup Watermelon
- ½ lemon juice
- Few mints
- ¼ tbsp pepper powder
- Few ice cubes
- Add your seedless watermelons into a blender, Add the lemon juice, and blend.
- Further, Add in your pepper along with a few ice cubes and blend again to have a smooth mix.
- Filter and procure it in a glass and add a few mints to make it even more refreshing.
- You can add ice cubes to make it even more chill-y.
Use these amazing desserts and eat or drink away your summer blues, your choice, and enjoy a hot summer with some refreshing treats.