The oak trees have released all the pollen, and blooms are everywhere. All things are beautiful, but sniffy nostrils become the norm. What happens when sniffy nasals turn into a sore throat, headaches, or a skin rash. This may not be an allergy reaction in your family.
You don’t want to add more stress to your life by scheduling doctor appointments for your kids and yourself. Your indoor environment can be just as important in maintaining your family’s health as your outdoor environment. Although April showers might bring May flowers, they could also bring the mould to your home.
What is the reason for mould growth in my home?
Moulds are an integral part of the natural world. Moulds are part of nature and help break down organic matter such as dead trees and fallen leaves. Indoor mould growth should be avoided. Moulds reproduce through tiny spores. These spores, which are invisible to the naked eye, float through indoor and outdoor air. Mould remediation in Monmouth county NJ can begin to grow indoors if mould spores land upon wet surfaces. There are many kinds of moulds, and they all need moisture or water to grow.
Moisture control is the key to mould control.
Mould should be removed from your home immediately and water problems fixed.
Dry any water-damaged items and areas within 24 to 48 hours to prevent mould growth.
WHAT IF WATER INTRUSION CONVERTS TO MOULD INTRUSION?
Small cracks in windows and door seals can allow water to seep into your home. You can also let water in your home through internal leaks. This is common for high-humidity areas like bathrooms with poor ventilation or accidental indoor flooding from appliances such as dishwashers, water heaters, or washing machines.
Unattended water leaks or spillages can seep into walls and settle under the floor. Mould spores can become established and spread when this happens. While there are many ways to prevent mould from entering your home, you should take immediate action if it has. Mould can spread quickly and aggressively, so acting immediately and getting help is important.
It may seem as though your home is safe from mould infestation. You have examined the surfaces of your home and found no evidence of mould spores. Mould is not always visible on exterior surfaces, but it can develop in later stages. It can grow secretly for quite a while before you see any visible signs.