We all know that a fresh coat of paint will give your property a new appearance. But, it can be very easy to mess things up and have some mishaps along the way, especially when trying to paint window trims. If paint gets splattered on your window, there’s no doubt that your window view will be spoiled. But, don’t worry as there’s good news – you can remove paint from your windows without even scratching the glass.
In this comprehensive blog post, we’ll be going through some of the essential tips & tricks that you can use to eliminate any scattered paint on your windows.
Ingredients That You’ll Need
According to well-known painters in West Auckland, you’ll need the following items to remove paint from your windows:
- Glass measuring bowl or cup
- Distilled white vinegar
- Vinyl or rubber gloves
- Wash or sponge cloth
- Newspaper or paper towels
- Glass cleaner or dish soap
Process To Follow
- Proceed to pour at least one cup of vinegar into the measuring cup and then put it inside the microwave for the next 30 to 60 seconds. Always wear gloves to protect your hands.
- Then you have to dip the sponge or cloth into the hot vinegar (out of the microwave) and apply the vinegar-laden cloth or sponge onto the paint. The vinegar might not be able to eliminate the paint spots but at least will be able to soften them. Try to avoid using harsh steel wool or abrasive dish scrubbers for this purpose because the glass can be scratched.
- If the vinegar is not able to eliminate the paint, then take 1-1/2 tablespoons of dish soap into a container and fill the same with warm water. Then use another separate cloth or sponge to apply the mixture onto the paint spots. You’re recommended to perform this practice only when the vinegar has dried up. Try to scrub back & forth in circular directions, which will be enough to eliminate the paint spots from your window.
- In case the paint spots remain, then you have to use your razor blade to gently scrape them off. Try to use a new razor blade and not an old, blunt one, because old ones are likely to scratch the glass. Work slowly with the razor and continuously use the dish soap solution to further soften the paint job, ultimately minimizing any chances of scratching.
- Once all the paint spots have been removed, it’s time to use the window cleaner and use the newspapers or paper towels to give your window a final good cleaning.
And if you want to avoid such paint splatters, simply contact us and we’ll be able to provide our professional painting services whenever, wherever you need.