Because conservatories are a popular extension to homes in the UK, you can enjoy the beautiful summer months from the comfort of your own home. Modern conservatories are more popular than ever because they can be used year-round thanks to the constant development of our technology. This is a smart way to increase space in your home, whether it’s a sunroom or a guest bedroom, or even an office.
You should protect your furniture this summer, as prolonged exposure to the sun can cause permanent damage. Below are some tips to help you take care of your conservatory furniture all year.
Wood furniture is a great choice for conservatories. It will keep it natural and cool. Cane and rattan furniture are very popular because they are durable and come in attractive designs. These wood furniture are resilient but can become brittle if exposed to the sun for too long. They will last longer if they are properly maintained and taken care of.
Cane furniture is the most popular choice for conservatory furniture. This style blends well with almost any decor or design you might find in a conservatory. Cane furniture blends seamlessly with the natural beauty of nature because it is made from bamboo.
You can use cane furniture with many interior design trends. However, it needs to be maintained in the best possible condition.
- Protect the seat of a cane-chair by using a pillow or flat cushion. This will distribute weight and reduce pressure on the centre, reducing breakage. You can also upholster a cushion that will sit on top of the cane chair.
- Rotate your cane furniture around the room regularly to ensure that all sides are exposed to the sun.
- You can also moisturise your cane conservatory furniture by using an oil- or glycerin-based soap, which has been diluted with water to add moisture to the surface. Before wiping the couch or chair clean, spray its back and underside.
You can bend and weave rattan into many designs that you can mix with different decor styles. Contrary to cane, rattan furniture is delicate and you should be cautious about how it is used. These are some tips to help you maintain your rattan conservatory furniture for many years.
- To remove dust and debris buildup, you can use a soft cloth or spray furniture polish to clean the furniture.
- Avoid dragging furniture, as it could cause damage to the legs or scratch surfaces.
- Apply a little linseed oil to restore rattan’s natural shine. Continue applying the oil until the rattan is no longer absorbed. Wipe away any excess.
- To reduce the potential damage caused by the sun, you can adjust the position of your furniture.
Overexposure to the sun can cause serious damage to upholstery fabrics and cause furniture to look tired and worn. There are many ways to minimize sun damage and reduce the possibility of discolouration or fading.
- Blinds can be installed in conservatories to reduce sun exposure to frames and cushions.
- To ensure a uniform exposure to the elements, fabric furniture should be rotated around the room just like wood furniture.
- It is important to make sure that upholstery fabrics are resistant to sunlight since conservatories allow in a lot of light. South West Upholstery can upholster your existing cushions or fix any upholstery. They also offer new cushions and replacement conservatory furniture cushions in uk.
Leather furniture requires extra care as sun damage can cause discolouration, cracking, and drying that can be very difficult to repair. These are some things you can do to avoid problems.
- Keep the curtains or blinds closed when the furniture is not being used.
- It is important to maintain leather condition and avoid using leather-specific cleaning products.
- You can also clean your leather furniture regularly and vacuum the creases. This will prevent dust buildup.